President Obama is to announce plans to send 3,000 troops to Liberia to help fight the Ebola virus, US officials say.
- Mapping the outbreak
- Why Ebola is so dangerous
- An airborne Ebola nightmare scenario
- 'Biological warfare'
- How bad can Ebola crisis get?
- Five ways to avoid the deadly virus
- Friends again: Cafe marks 20 years01:22
- Obama's brave face on schoolgirl snub00:40
- Firefighters tackle California blaze00:30
- Ford pulls out of Toronto mayoral race02:03
- Alibaba makes waves in California02:27
- Hemingway diaries hold fishing clues02:37
- US to provide $500m to Syria victims02:43
- US remembers 9/11 victims01:09
More from US and Canada
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
Features & Analysis
What top diplomat job taught Clinton about US politics
Questions about parenting and race in footballer's arrest
Will stranding US senators on a desert island fix Congress?
Trends of the week, in 60 seconds
Foreign actors chart evolution of Chinese ads
The scramble to build a Syria strategy
Farewell Toronto - too many good films, not enough time
Explore the BBC
Meet the men and women who work in the competitive world of financial trading