Italy's top appeals court acquits Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito of the murder of British student Meredith Kercher in 2007.
Other Top Stories
Swedish poet Tomas Transtroemer, who was awarded the 2011 Nobel Prize for Literature, dies at the age of 83.
A senior Ukrainian official arrested two days ago at a televised cabinet meeting over corruption allegations is to be freed due to a lack of evidence.
More from Europe
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- 'Discovery' at Alps co-pilot's home02:27
- Knox's lawyer: Amanda 'is very happy'00:39
- Safety concerns after Alps plane crash02:54
- Relatives visit Germanwings crash site 02:34
- Why is Putin so popular with Russians?02:36
- Rescuer 'knew there would be no survivors'01:48
- Skier's shock at Alps plane crash01:56
- 'Sixteen of our students were on flight'02:16
Features & Analysis
What drives people to murder-suicide?
Russia's president still in fashion 15 years on
What the first person at the Germanwings crash site saw
Ukraine leader ratchets up anti-corruption drive
Remarkable results in French and Spanish local elections
Ukrainian soldier recounts war and captivity horrors
Explore the BBC
Stephen Fry investigates the story of daylight saving time.