Algeria's national airline says contact has been lost with one of its planes flying from Burkina Faso, with one official saying it has crashed.
Lawyers for a double murderer whose lethal injection in Arizona took nearly two hours to kill him have called for an independent review of the execution.
- Fears MH17 crash site 'abandoned'01:52
- Witnesses describe two hour execution01:07
- Inside wine fraudster's 'magic cellar'01:36
- Out-of-date meat scam hits fast food01:52
- Moment Red Cross attacked in Gaza02:02
- Thousands mourn Israeli soldier 02:20
- Loch Ness monster at opening ceremony01:05
- Seals 'stressed' by warming seas01:54
Other Top Stories
A Sudanese woman who fled to Italy after being spared a death sentence for renouncing Islam meets Pope Francis at the Vatican.
A Detroit man feared for his life before he shot an unarmed black woman standing on his porch, his lawyer says at the start of his murder trial.
- View from the top of the 'Cheesegrater' 01:36
- How to build and fly your own drone02:03
- Olympic cauldron secrets revealed01:24
- One-minute World News01:00
- Bird's-eye view of Commonwealth city02:19
- Mayfly swarm in US fools radar02:25
- Swaziland cyclists 'not lost in Glasgow' 01:47
- Pupils confuse Merkel with the Queen02:12
Generic products appeal to the informed shopper, billboard vandalism in Turkey prompts fears of gender violence, and US gang deportations caused Central American child crisis.
Why the Palestinian group won't back down yet
Woman who beat "fat" jibes to turn Malawi into netball champions
Race against time to audit every Afghan vote
Families wait for answers year after Spanish rail disaster
Women around the world post selfies against the movement
Eight places in Europe that also want independence
The restaurants that love solo diners
- Algerian jet missing on Sahara route
- Isis 'orders FGM' for women in Mosul
- Live updates: Missing Algeria plane
- Shellfire 'kills 15 in Gaza school'
- Indian boy has 232 teeth removed
- 'Apostasy' woman flies out of Sudan
- Illegal bottom injections on rise in US
- Gaza: Hamas seeks to emerge stronger
- Inquiry urged into two-hour execution
- When time stood still
Last Updated at 10:44 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7200.59||Up||29.19||0.41%|
What is it like to live under the threat of Boko Haram and the Nigerian military?
Elsewhere on the BBC
A Panorama investigation into Isis and how it is ripping Iraq apart