Ukraine's president says his country is "close to a point of no return - full scale-war", as the EU discusses more sanctions against Russia.
- Italian and Pole get top EU jobs
- New faces at top of EU
- Priorities for EU summit
- What is Putin's Ukraine strategy?
- Jews 'forced' from Guatemala village01:31
- ZMapp: The cure for Ebola?01:52
- Rescuers free Nicaraguan miners01:28
- Nato: Russia illegally crossed border02:30
- Kurdish father's grief at son's death03:06
- Iceland volcano fissure seen from air01:34
- Displaced, desperate: Syrians seek refuge 01:39
- Millionaires search Med for migrants03:18
Other Top Stories
The Iraqi army, Shia militias and Kurdish fighters are reported to be making slow progress in breaking the siege of the Amerli town in the north.
The corruption case of former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell and his wife has gone to a jury after a 25-day trial.
The natural resources used to make 'green' homes
Gay son in video row speaks out
Obama's gaffe reveals political truth
The multi-million dollar makeover that's divided a nation
Sunni rebels who helped Islamic State signal readiness to revolt
The bizarre tale of the pig singing competition
How a 15-year-old captured American hearts at the US Open? BBC Sport
How Obama in beige became the talk of the town
Australia and Gaza share ocean views, but not much else
The quest to find the perfect party anthem
Sign up to receive a daily email highlighting the best of BBC News
- Ukraine near 'point of no return'
- Missing Ashya King found in Spain
- First openly gay NFL player dropped
- US TV host found murdered at home
- Jews 'forced' from Guatemala village
- Tear gas used on Pakistan protesters
- The makeover that's divided a nation
- Iran anger over new US sanctions
- Michael Sam's reality show felt 'icky'
- Gillibrand: Congressmen called me 'fat', 'porky'
Last Updated at 18:13 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7381.14||Up||10.00||0.14%|
Elsewhere on the BBC
Keep on the move with the new BBC travel website