The US ambassador to South Korea, Mark Lippert, is slashed on his face and hand in Seoul by a man demanding Korean reunification.
- The Korean War armistice
- N Korea opens fire as drills start
- South Korea profile
- United States country profile
Hillary Clinton responds to a growing controversy over her emails when she was a US secretary of state by urging officials to release them swiftly.
- Is the US justice system racist?02:46
- Pakistan's elite female fighting force02:46
- Chinese 'maternity tourism' to US02:41
- How bomb plot man concealed his plans02:10
- Inside Mexico's drugs cartel 'hotland' 02:52
- Mine survivor: 'There was dust everywhere'02:14
- The 'Alcatraz of Indonesia'00:51
- Cape Town wildfires from above01:54
Other Top Stories
The 1959 plane crash that claimed the lives of three rock 'n' roll stars, including Buddy Holly, could be investigated afresh by US transport safety experts.
Australian PM Tony Abbott says the massive search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 cannot "go on at this intensity forever".
- Jawbone 'provides clue to first human'01:57
- The greatest threat to China's elephants02:28
- Fears for future of Ebola orphanage 01:58
- One-minute World News01:01
- No more antibiotics in your nuggets?01:42
- Ford's white van with built-in bike02:04
- Plane left nose-down on Nepal runway00:27
- The man who made money for Manet 05:10
Scotland's chances of progressing in the World Cup are dashed by Bangladesh, despite Kyle Coetzer's record-breaking innings.
What lies behind Nobel Peace chairman's demotion?
Why Russian imperialism is good - according to a viral video
Why does famous Selma bridge bear name of a KKK leader?
The curious case of the socialite who doesn't exist
Republican 2016 hopeful says prison can make people gay
Is wind power coming of age with new turbines?
Spectre of execution hangs over Boston trial
- US envoy to South Korea attacked
- Buddy Holly plane crash 'review'
- McDonald's to ban antibiotic chicken
- MH370 search 'may be scaled back'
- The online joke is on Islamic State
- How Iran's feminist genie escaped
- WW2 'Japan battleship wreck found'
- Billions 'have untreated tooth decay'
- Tourism map 'looks like a penis'
- The curious case of Leah Palmer
Last Updated at 02:59 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||8007.20||Up||3.69||0.05%|
A former undercover DEA agent on how to net a drugs kingpin
Elsewhere on the BBC
The Large Hadron Collider is gearing up for its revamped second run, and its physicists want this next round of collisions to shake their discipline to its core.